We work hard and play hard at LIL. Our strong sense of community stands out and this comes from our cultural awareness, collaborative approach to work and a strong, shared desire for our school to be successful. We come to work every day knowing our purpose and how we contribute to something bigger than ourselves. Hot drinks and laughter are a regular sight on our campus!
This can be a full-time or part-time role.
To provide efficient and effective support to the Facilities (Premises) & Security Manager in the day-to-day running of the School’s facilities. Additionally, the post holder will be expected to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure that instructions specified by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will be interested in working with young people. You will contribute [using positive discipline] to the education of our students. You may, on occasion, oversee some school community service of students, supervise on-site student balls alongside colleagues and work school events. There is therefore some overtime in this role.
£22,000-26,000 (prorated if part time role) dependent upon experience & qualifications.
Full-time: 40 hours per week (5.6 weeks holiday including public holidays + extra (see benefit scheme below).
Part-time: 20 hours per week (5.6 weeks holiday prorated)
Monday to Friday (1-hour unpaid lunch) timings TBC. Some relief shift work to cover holidays/sickness/busy periods and callouts. This role requires occasional paid overtime.
- Additional annual leave offered e.g during Christmas break;
- Free 3-course meal daily, equivalent to £1,500/annum non-taxable during term time;
- Discount at nearby businesses;
- 70% contribution to Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) cash plan
- Culture of wellbeing and health;
- Work Pension scheme;
- Fabulous work spaces, games rooms, zen den for relaxation, prayer room;
- Open-minded, international, talented and creative team members;
- Climate of development and growth;
- Free tea and coffee (bring your reusable mug).
What your day will look like:
- assist with maintaining the security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the School’s requirements.
- undertake “handypersons” duties as directed by the Premises & Security Manager.
- assist in maintaining appropriate records.
- respond to emergencies with gas, electricity and water and, if necessary, liaise with the Premises & Security Manager.
- ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary
- undertake porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture.
- assist with any periodic planned preventative maintenance as required.
- grounds maintenance, such as litter picking and leaf sweeping
- liaise with contractors/suppliers
- carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
What we're looking for
- You will require an enhanced DBS to work in a school;
- You speak professional English (French is not needed but is a bonus);
- GCSE or equivalent;
- Problem-solving skills, proactive and forward thinking
- Knowledge of basic site maintenance and good practices in building services, i.e. heating, plumbing, carpentry;
- Professional flexibility and ability to work as part of a team;
- Display commitment to safeguarding and protection of children;
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances;
- Good proficiency with IT (all tasks are communicated using Parago and other maintenance softwares).
We continually strive to lead with our mission and values that enable our team to develop to the best of themselves and come as they are; engaging in an open and inclusive work space.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.