Advance your career within the Lycée's innovative, collaborative and dynamic environment established in providing a versatile means to differentiate the learning experience and encourage creativity and collaboration amongst our students.
Join a strong team of highly qualified teachers, equipped with the right experience, knowledge and training.
- International and multicultural school
- Modern teaching methods
- Welcoming working & learning environment
- School rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted in student personal development and wellbeing
- Workplace easily accessible by public transport
Overview of role
This is a full-time role for a native-level English speaker. A full-time teaching role is 20 periods/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover. The remaining time is for PPA, collaboration and meetings.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Teach History to all Secondary students and Economics in Y10 (French track) - immersion approach
- Organise and collaborate on the team's projects
- Prepare, coordinate and plan curriculum with the team
- Assess students formatively & summatively against criteria of the French curriculum, English International, IGCSE and IB Diploma programmes
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, incl. technologies and project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence
- Incorporate the mission and values of the school into every class
- Use planning to ensure the curriculum is met and aligned with the School standards
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, and communication with parents/guardians
- Participate in parent-teacher meetings and class meetings
What we are looking for at LIL
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of a bilingual and progressive school where innovation and care provide the foundation on which we build a path to excellence for every student.
- QTS or equivalent and a relevant degree
- At least 3 years of previous experience teaching in a similar role, preferably in an international environment
- Experience with differentiating instruction
- Experience with inquiry and concept-based teaching and learning
- Interest in curriculum development
- Committed to providing students with engaging learning experiences
- Experience of the IGCSE & the IB desirable
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure during term time and meet deadlines
- Open mindedness & creativity to develop new educational approaches
- Strong ability to work as a team
- Ability to manage the classroom through positive discipline
- Observation and vigilance (children safeguarding)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and volunteer time and energy to the School project
- Ability to take responsibility for your own professional improvement
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Up to 85% tuition remission for max. of 2 children
- Professional development opportunities
- Contribution to Health Cash Plan
- Enhanced paternity/maternity/adoption leave
- Enhanced sick leave scheme
- Free loan of iPad
- Fantastic work spaces and resources
- Contribution to languages lessons (French or English)
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen during Term Time
- Free fruits and hot drinks in staff room
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Program leading to the IBDP in Y12 and 13.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes over 800 students from Nursery class to Year 13. Located in the historic Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools.
Right to work in the UK
Non-UK citizens must apply for a work visa in order to live and work in the UK. The School can sponsor Skilled worker visas. However, numerous criteria are required to submit a visa application, e.g being successful on the SELT exam (B1 level minimum) and able to provide the non-criminal certificates from all the countries lived over the past ten years.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the School. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the School.