Advance your career within the Lycée's innovative, collaborative and dynamic environment established in providing a versatile means to differentiate the learning experience and encourage creativity and collaboration amongst our students.
Join a strong team of highly qualified teachers, equipped with the right experience, knowledge and training.
- International and multicultural school
- Modern teaching methods
- Welcoming working & learning environment
- School rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted in student personal development and wellbeing
- Workplace easily accessible by public transport
Overview of role
This is a full-time role for a native-level English speaker, which is 20 periods/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover. The remaining time is for PPA, collaboration and meetings.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Teach IBDP Chemistry (Y12 & Y13)
- Prepare students for iGCSE (Y10 & Y11)
- Teach combined Science (Y7, Y8 or Y9)
- Create and deliver original and engaging activities for students with a provision for differentiation
- Model and create an environment which fosters critical thinking
- Support students in extracurricular activities: EPQ, preparation for university entrance exams, etc.
- Incorporate the mission and values of the school into every class
- Use planning to ensure the curriculum is met and aligned with the School standards
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, and communication with parents/guardians
- Participate in parent-teacher meetings and class meetings
What we are looking for at LIL
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of a bilingual and progressive school where innovation and care provide the foundation on which we build a path to excellence for every student.
- QTS or equivalent and a relevant degree
- Experience teaching IBDP appreciated
- Ability to create and deliver engaging activities for students with a provision for differentiation
- Ease in the use of new technologies for education and keen interest in pedagogical innovation
- Will to organise and get involved in school-wide events to promote science
- Interest in curriculum development
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure during term time and meet deadlines
- Open mindedness & creativity to develop new educational approaches
- Strong ability to work as a team
- Ability to manage the classroom through positive discipline
- Observation and vigilance (children safeguarding)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and volunteer time and energy to the School project
- Ability to take responsibility for your own professional improvement
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Up to 85% tuition remission for max. of 2 children
- Professional development opportunities
- Contribution to Health Cash Plan
- Enhanced paternity/maternity/adoption leave
- Enhanced sick leave scheme
- Free loan of iPad
- Fantastic work spaces and resources
- Contribution to languages lessons (French or English)
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen during Term Time
- Free fruits and hot drinks in staff room
- Cycle to work scheme
Right to work in the UK
Non-UK citizens must apply for a work visa in order to live and work in the UK. The School can sponsor Skilled worker visas. However, numerous criteria are required to submit a visa application, e.g being successful on the SELT exam (B1 level minimum) and able to provide the non-criminal certificates from all the countries lived over the past ten years.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the School. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the School.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.