Reports to: Head of Pastoral Care & DSL
Start Date: immediate
Salary range with QTS: Full-time equivalent £35,752-£40,029 (prorated for TTO role)
Hours: Term Time Only + 3 weeks during student break; 40 hours/week
Reporting to the Head of Pastoral Care & DSL, the Learning Support & Wellbeing Coordinatoris a qualified teacher by education and is responsible for supporting students with learning differences in line with the school's ethos and mission of diversity and inclusion. They provide instruction in learning strategies and build independence in students with diagnosed or emerging learning differences. The successful candidate will support with the PSHE curriculum and act as one of the school's deputy Designated Safeguarding Leaders (dDSL).
Please note We are not a SEN school, this is not a SEN role.
- Assess and create specific learning strategies using curriculum material, and encourage students to understand their own learning style and/or overcome their own challenges
- Promote learning diversity in a positive way
- Maintain and implement the school Special Needs /PAP-PAI Register
- Meet regularly with teachers to provide academic support for students across the whole school
- Communicate regularly with concerned families
- Help to identify external support services (counseling, tutoring, speech & language therapy…)
- Provide training on learning difficulties to staff and parents
- Manage the peer tutoring initiative and the peer counselling initiative
- Assist with management of the student-led Diversity Committee
- Regularly review, promote and teach the PSHE/ RSE curriculum
- Support and nurture the school-home partnership
- Participate in and lead assemblies and projects
- Undertake ad-hoc duties requested by management.
Why work with us?
- An international school 'Outstanding’ in Personal development, behaviour & welfare, and Sixth form provision, where you will join a very strong team of highly qualified and experienced teaching and support team
- A welcoming and innovative environment in which to teach and learn
- A vibrant location, easily accessible by Underground
- Generous reward and benefit package (see below)
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Free loan of iPad worth £1,000 non-taxable
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen everyday during term time, equivalent to £1,500/annum non taxable
- Fantastic work spaces and resources
- Professional development opportunities (internal and external)
- Up to 85% tuition remission for max. of 2 children (discretionary)
- Enhanced paternity/maternity/parental leave
- Enhanced sick leave scheme to support you when you need it most
- 70% of cost for health cash plan paid for by the school
- Cycle to work scheme vouchers
- Free hot drinks throughout the day
- Social events and staff parties
- Friendly, international environment of high level professionals.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of a modern, bilingual, progressive and dynamic school which promotes excellence through care.
- Teaching qualification is essential
- 6+ years in a similar role
- Additional training that includes the study of Specific Learning Differences, child/adolescent psychology and/or special education
- Experience as a Learning Support teacher working with students aged 3-18 with mild to moderate Specific Learning Differences
- Experience with differentiating instruction to meet learning needs
- A proven commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children
- Ability to reflect upon your own practice; respond positively to constructive criticism
- Strong boundaries and excellent time management
- Experience and commitment to collaborative working in a team-focused environment
- An ability to provide strategy support in all levels of English (ideally and/or French), Maths and Science
- Proactively seek professional development opportunities to remain up to date in the role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ideally in both languages (English and ideally in French)
- High level of IT proficiency (G-suite) and commitment to the integration of technology in the service of learning
- Commitment to contribute to school life.