The successful candidate will be expected to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required maintenance duties and ensure that instructions specified by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will be interested in working with young people. You will contribute [using positive discipline] to the education of our students. You may, on occasion, oversee some school community service of students, supervise on-site student balls alongside colleagues and work school events. There is therefore some overtime in this role.
- £22,000-28,000 dependent upon experience & qualifications.
- Full-time: 40 hours per week (5.6 weeks holiday including public holidays + extra (see benefit scheme below).
Monday to Friday (1-hour unpaid lunch) timings TBC. Some relief shift work to cover holidays/sickness/busy periods and callouts. This role requires occasional paid overtime.
- Additional annual leave offered e.g during Christmas break;
- Free 3-course meal daily, equivalent to £1,500/annum non-taxable during term time;
- Discount at nearby businesses;
- 70% contribution to Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) cash plan
- Culture of wellbeing and health;
- Work Pension scheme;
- Fabulous work spaces, games rooms, zen den for relaxation, prayer room;
- Open-minded, international, talented and creative team members;
- Climate of development and growth;
- Free tea and coffee (bring your reusable mug).
What your day will look like
- carry out general maintenance and 'handyperson' tasks to school properties;
- willingness to carry out and learn electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, painting & decorating basics;
- carry out non-skilled tasks such as moving and lifting furniture;
- assist in maintaining appropriate records;
- respond to emergencies with gas, electricity and water and, if necessary, liaise with the Premises & Security Manager;
- ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary;
- assist with any periodic planned preventative maintenance as required;
- grounds maintenance, such as litter picking and leaf sweeping;
- assist with liaising with contractors/suppliers;
- carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
What we're looking for
- You will require an enhanced DBS to work in a school;
- You speak professional English (French is not needed but is a bonus);
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Planning, organising, ability to meet deadlines;
- Clear, accurate verbal & written communication;
- Problem-solving skills, proactive and forward thinking;
- Knowledge of basic site maintenance i.e. heating, plumbing, carpentry;
- Professional flexibility and ability to work as part of a team;
- Display commitment to safeguarding and protection of children;
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances;
- Good proficiency with IT (all tasks are communicated using Parago and other maintenance softwares);
- Ability to work at height.
We continually strive to lead with our mission and values that enable our team to develop to the best of themselves and come as they are; engaging in an open and inclusive work space.