Pastoral Student Supervisor
Part-time fixed-term contract: approximately between 30 and 34 hours per week, Term Time Only i.e. 35 weeks per academic year. The hourly rate is £14.17 gross and includes holiday pay.
As a Pastoral Supervisor you will supervise students in primary (including EYFS) or secondary and be in charge of our After School Day Care ("Garderie") provision.
The school-wide Pastoral team has a dual mission: to supervise and manage all students in the school (safety, welfare when they are not in class and check attendance). In other words, they are in charge of both guidance and (positive) discipline in the school.
- Caring for students in our After School Day Care provision; organising and implementing appropriate, engaging activities;
- Assisting with hygiene and, if applicable in the EYFS section, assisting with using the toilet;
- Supervising students of all ages outside of the classroom including lunch assistance;
- Leading them in simple activities during recess and lunchtime;
- Monitoring students’ entrance and exit to and from the school;
- Undertaking administrative office duties from time to time including but not limited in relation to student attendance;
- Report all incidents;
- Accompanying teachers during class outings to assist with supervision;
- Paying attention to a student's emotional state and development, reporting concerns;
- Manage conflict;
- Maintain the classrooms and cloakrooms;
- Apply the School’s Code of conduct to all aspects of work life;
- Any ad-hoc duties requested.
Salary & Benefit scheme
- The hourly rate is £14.17 gross and includes holiday pay.
- Free 3-course meal daily, equivalent to £1,500/annum non-taxable during term time
- Contribution % to Health Cash Plan (HSF)
- Free hot beverages
- Discount at nearby businesses
- Perkbox reward account paid for by the business
- Contribution % towards language classes (French or English)
- Work pension scheme
- Fantastic resources and environment
Education & Experience
- Previous experience in the Education sector desirable;
- French speaker desirable;
- Display commitment to safeguarding and protection of children;
- Good listening skills;
- Ability to strike a balance between discipline and support;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Calm and patient under pressure;
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances;
- Computer literate.
Right to work in the UK
On the 1st January 2021 free movement ended and the UK introduced a new immigration system, which treats EU and non-EU citizens equally and has transformed the way in which all migrants come to the UK to work and study. The position advertised does not qualify for a Skilled Worker visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must already have the right to work in UK.