Advance your career within the Lycée's innovative, collaborative and dynamic environment established in providing a versatile means to differentiate the learning experience and encourage creativity and collaboration amongst our students. Join a strong team of highly qualified teachers, equipped with the right experience, knowledge and training.
- International and multicultural school
- Modern and innovative teaching methods
- Welcoming and innovative working & learning environment
- Workplace easily accessible by public transport
- School rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted in student personal development and wellbeing
Overview of role
This is a part-time Term Time Only permanent role for a native-level English speaker. This role is 35 hours/week, 35 weeks during Term Time Only (TTO) per academic year.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting learning materials ready and setting up equipment
- Lead activities prepared by the class teachers by engaging & observing students
- Ensure the learning environment is safe & clean and the children's needs are met
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including recess, lunch time and school trips
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognise/anticipate issues and recommend solutions
- Document incidents on CPOMS
- Comply with state, school, and class rules and regulations
- Attend faculty meetings (when required)
What we are looking for at LIL
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of a modern, bilingual, progressive and dynamic school where innovation and care provide the foundation on which we build a path to excellence for every student.
- Level 2 or 3 qualification with 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an international environment
- Enthusiastic and passionate about education
- Knowledge about children development appreciated
- Open mindedness and creativity
- Strong ability to work as a team
- Initiative and willingness to help students reach their potential
- Strong ability to manage the classroom through positive discipline
- Observation and vigilance (children safeguarding)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and volunteer time and energy to the School project
- Ability to take responsibility for your own professional improvement
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Up to 85% tuition remission for max. of 2 children for full-time staff members
- Contribution to Health Cash Plan
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave
- Enhanced sick leave scheme
- Fantastic work spaces and resources
- Contribution to languages lessons (French or English)
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen during Term Time
- Free fruits and hot drinks in staff room
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Program leading to the IB Diploma programme in Y12 and 13.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes over 800 students from Nursery class to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
Right to work in the UK
Non-UK citizens must apply for a work visa in order to live and work in the UK. The Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill can sponsor Skilled worker visas. However, numerous criteria are required to submit a visa application, such as being successful on the SELT exam (B1 level minimum) and being able to provide the non-criminal certificates from all the countries lived over the past ten years. The costs related to English tests and criminal checks are at the candidate’s own expense.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the Lycée International de Londres. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the Lycée.